Ratings & Reviews
Shoei Transitions CWR-1 Photochromic Helmet Shield with Pinlock Pins
Shoei Accessories Item #203688
Shop other Shoei Accessories!
Superior Riding Performance
Whether dominating the race track or out for a pleasure ride, motorcyclists know how important clear, crisp vision is. Traditionally, riders dealt with changing light conditions by carrying two shields (one clear, one tinted) with them at all times. Shoei Transitions adaptive shields solve this problem - and even enhance vision - by seamlessly adjusting to optimized darkness levels with the changing light.
Transitions Optical: Leaders in Photochromic Technology
Transitions Optical has been an industry leader in photochromic technology for 20 years and is known worldwide for its photochromic prescription eyeglasses: Transitions lenses. The company's continued commitment to innovation has helped Transitions lenses to become the leading photochromic opthalmic lens product and the number one eyecare professional-recommended photochromic lenses worldwide. Driven by innovation, the company has continually improved its core clear-to-dark product (Transitions lenses), and has expanded in other areas with additional products that meet consumers' visual needs, including sunwear and everyday products with varying features (lightly tinted to very dark and variable polarization). Transitions adaptive sunwear is the company's sunwear brand, which includes both prescription and non-prescription sunglass lenses, and motorcycle shields that automatically darken and lighten in outdoor light. For the first time, with Transitions adaptive shields, the company is expanding its product offering to non-ophthalmic products, bringing Transitions' state-of-the-art technology to a broader audience. Transitions sunwear products are designed to enhance visual performance outdoors, optimizing the amount of darkness and color for specific outdoor activities like motorcycling, golf, driving, cycling, running, hunting/target shooting and water sports.
How Photochromics Work
Photochromic technology allows visors to automatically and seamlessly change from clear to dark in sunlight. The process works when photochromic dyes embedded into the lens or shield react to UV light, changing levels of darkness with the sun. When UV light is removed, a chemical reaction driven by ambient heat reconverts the activated photochromic molecules to their original, clear form and the lens fades. The amount darkening is a function of the competition between the activating and fading chemical reactions, the equilibrium condition established between them, and the specific photochromic molecules and the lens substrate. The more activated photochromic molecules that are present, the darker a lens becomes. The degree of the darkness depends on the level of available UV radiation driving the activation reaction and the temperature of the lens, which drives the fade reaction.
- Product Details and UV Protection
- Transitions adaptive sunwear products have a range of light transmission levels, all optimized for the specific activity the product is designed for. Specifically, the Shoei Transitions adaptive shield:
- Non-activated is virtually clear
- Activated darkens to a 15% light transmission level at 72-degree F/23-degree C
- Full activation in two minutes
- Fades to 50% transmission in two minutes
- Like all Transitions products, the visor blocks 100% of UV rays
- Like all photochromic products, temperature can cause fluctuation in performance. UV rays activate the photochromic molecules through a photochromic process - this makes the shield darken. The fade back reaction is actually driven by heat - so in extremely hot temperatures, the photochromic molecules are actually fading back while they are activating - this prevents the shield from fully darkening. Transitions lens technology is the most advanced in the industry, and is the least temperature sensitive, but there will be some performance variables depending on the temperature.
- Shoei Transitions adaptive shields are designed to meet International Standards of Performance for driving:
- Category as per ISO 8980-3 (Non-activated: Category 0; Activated: Category 3)
- Traffic signal recognition as per ISO 14889
- 100% protection from UVA and UVB as per ISO 8980-3
- 100% protection from UVA and UVB as per ANSI ZB0.3
- Impact-resistant as per US FDA Impact Resistant Regulation 21 CFR 801.410
- Impact-resistant as per ANSI Z587.1
- Impact-resistant as per ISO 14889 Section 5.2
- Manufacturer's one-year warranty
- Please note: To prolong product life, do not store in sunlight.
- Fits the following Shoei helmet models:
For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
Other popular products from this category…
AFX - Accessories
Bell Powersports - Accessories
Nolan - Accessories
Arai - Accessories
Speed and Strength - Accessories
- https://www.ridersdiscount.com/shoei-transitions-cwr-1-photochromic-helmet-shield-with-pinlock-pins-203688/sku/HH-0209-9755-00 Shoei Transitions CWR-1 Photochromic Shield With Pinlock Pins For RF-1200 Helmet HH-0209-9755-00 Color: Photochromic,